According the following sources, as described in the following passages originally posted at www.naturalnews.com, the future of Mankind hangs in the balance. Please read every word carefully, follow the links, cross reference the information. What we all decide to do next will determine the inevitable outcome.
“It is no exaggeration to say that the fate of Japan and the whole world depends on No.4 reactor.” – Mitsuhei Murata, Former Japanese Ambassador to Switzerland and Senegal, Executive Director, the Japan Society for Global System and Ethics.
Mr. Murata’s stunning statement should be front-page news everywhere around the world. Why? Because he’s right. If reactor No. 4 suffers even a minor earthquake, it could set off a chain reaction of events that quickly lead to North America becoming uninhabitable by humans for centuries to come. Imagine California, Oregon and Washington states being inundated with radiation — up to 85 times the radiation release from Chernobyl. We’re talking about the end of human life on the scale of continents.
Here’s how this could happen, according to Mr. Robert Alvarez, former Senior Policy Adviser to the Secretary and Deputy Assistant Secretary for National Security and the Environment at the U.S. Department of Energy:
“The No. 4 pool is about 100 feet above ground, is structurally damaged and is exposed to the open elements. If an earthquake or other event were to cause this pool to drain this could result in a catastrophic radiological fire involving nearly 10 times the amount of Cs-137 released by the Chernobyl accident. The infrastructure to safely remove this material was destroyed as it was at the other three reactors. Spent reactor fuel cannot be simply lifted into the air by a crane as if it were routine cargo. In order to prevent severe radiation exposures, fires and possible explosions, it must be transferred at all times in water and heavily shielded structures into dry casks. As this has never been done before, the removal of the spent fuel from the pools at the damaged Fukushima-Dai-Ichi reactors will require a major and time-consuming re-construction effort and will be charting in unknown waters.”
Note: He says “10 times” the Cesium-137 of Chernobyl. Others say up to 85 times. Nobody is 100% certain of what would actually occur because this has never happened before. We are in uncharted territory as a civilization, facing a unique and imminent threat to our continued survival. And both governments and the corporations that assured us nuclear power was safe are playing their “cover my ass” games while the world waits in the cross-hairs of a nuclear apocalypse.
To better understand the severity of this situation, read these facts about Fukushima reactor No. 4 which I have assembled from available news sources:
• Reactor #4 contains 1,535 spent fuel rods which remain highly radioactive.
• These fuel rods currently hold the potential to emit 37 million curies of radiation.
• Those fuel rods are stored in a concrete pool located 100 feet above the ground, inside the structurally compromised reactor building, effectively making the pool open to the air.
• The pool holding these fuel rods is “structurally damaged.”
• “If an earthquake or other event were to cause this pool to drain this could result in a catastrophic radiological fire involving nearly 10 times the amount of Cs-137 released by the Chernobyl accident.” – Mr. Robert Alvarez, former Senior Policy Adviser to the Secretary and Deputy Assistant Secretary for National Security and the Environment at the U.S. Department of Energy.
• “The infrastructure to safely remove this material was destroyed as it was at the other three reactors.” – Mr. Alvarez.
• Just 50 meters from reactor No. 4, a much larger pool of spent fuel rods contains 6,375 fuel rods, all of which remain highly radioactive.
• All these fuel rods are, astonishingly, exposed to the open air. They are not held inside any containment vessel.
• The total number of spent fuel rods across all six reactors at the Fukushima Daiichi site is 11,421.
• If reactor No. 4 suffers a structural failure, the release of radiation from the 1,535 spent fuel rods would make it virtually impossible for work to continue on the site, potentially resulting in an inability to halt a massive radiation release from all the other rods.
• In all, the 11,421 fuel rods held at the Fukushima Daiichi facility contain roughly 336 million curies of “long-lived radioactivity.” Roughly 134 million curies of that is Cesium-137.
• “Reactors that have been operating for decades, such as those at the Fukushima-Dai-Ichi site have generated some of the largest concentrations of radioactivity on the planet.” – Mr. Robert Alvarez, U.S. Dept. of Energy
• This amount of Cesium-137 radioactivity held in the full collection of fuel rods at Fukushima is 85 times the amount released at Chernobyl.
• The release of this amount of Cesium-137 would “destroy the world environment and our civilization. This is an issue of human survival.”
• The mainstream media operates in a total blackout of this news, refusing to even acknowledge the existence of this immediate threat to human civilization.
• The mainstream media is, in large part, owned by General Electric, the very company that designed the Fukushima reactors in the first place. It is clear that GE is diligently running a total media blackout on this news in order to cover its own ass and prevent people from asking questions about the faulty engineering and nuclear facility site selection that led to this catastrophe.
“The executive branch and multiple federal agencies, agencies tasked with keeping the American public safe, did their best to hide and to cover-up information about a deadly radioactive plume and ensuing fallout that was headed for the West Coast of the United States from Japan…” says Alexander Higgins.
He goes on to state “The evidence obtained in the FOIA request indicates that right from the start, the NRC had a clear idea of the significance of the disaster that was unfolding, but concealed the truth from the American public. The results of the plume and fallout can be measured in the rise of infant mortality rates: cells of unborn and newborn children are dividing at a much higher rate than those of a mature adult, thus the amount of damage is greatly increased and hence more detectable. Conservative estimates place the number of stillborn following the Fukushima accident at over 18,000.”
See the FOIA documents here:
The conspiracy cover-up of the radioactive plumes still being emitted from Fukushima is now being called “Plume-Gate.” This issue needs to be front and center on all our radar screens. There may quite literally be nothing more important for the survival of the human race than dealing with this runaway issue of Fukushima radiation in the immediate term, and the larger issue of the scientific fraud of nuclear power “safety” thereafter.
As Higgins explains, “It is this author’s opinion that any media source not shouting about Plume-Gate as loud as they can are likely controlled by the powers-that-be.” He’s got a point. This should be our No. 1 issue, and NaturalNews is re-shifting priorities right now to help raise the alarm on the impeding Fukushima disaster for the obvious reason that everything else pales in comparison to the importance of dealing with this.
If not now, when?
There has never been a more appropriate moment in known history for Mankind to cease and desist from all its superfluous, dysfunctional and enslaved activities, by uniting as the Free Indigenous Sovereign Peoples of the World, in order to prevent a man-made cataclysm which could potentially lay waste to almost all organic life on this beautiful, bountiful planet.
We must declare a ceasefire in all wars and military conflicts, demanding the return of all servicemen and women to their families, without penalty, punishment or discharge, following the repudiation of all oaths taken under false pretenses or under duress to the detriment of Mankind and/or the Earth. All necessary resources must be offered freely and swiftly for the purposes of forming an Inter-National Task-force without further delay.
We must also declare an end to all existing debt and that the practice of usury is prohibited in perpetuity. Every community must focus upon providing its members with food and water that has not been contaminated by radiation, as well as the basic prerequisites for surviving and recovering radiation sickness, until such time that this crisis has been averted and radiation levels have been sufficiently reduced so as not to cause damage to the planet and its inhabitants.
Most importantly, the Free Indigenous Sovereign Peoples of the World must proclaim their intent to cease and desist from all forms of compliance with the corporatist system that has provided an amoral, psychopathic legal framework for unscrupulous factions to impose a globalised police state and to jeopardize the future of our children and the planet we were all born to share in freedom, peace and abundance, and all for the sake of the private gain of the moneyed aristocracy, whose inclination to wipe the records of their crimes against Mankind lends itself to the manufacture of a catastrophe of the magnitude and force of that which has already been foreseen by many.
For this reason, we cannot rely upon their puppet governments to act in our best interests; we must take the initiative ourselves without delay. Therefore, with this in mind, I propose the following course of action:
1. An International Grand Jury is convened at the earliest opportunity to declare that the operations of the entire nuclear industry are suspended indefinitely, pending the resolution of the present situation at Fukushima and investigations into allegations that it has committed crimes against Mankind and the Earth.
2. The leading scientists, engineers and physicists who are already engaged in research into the effects of the operations of the nuclear industry, as well as experts in the latest technology that could be used to prevent the catastrophe or to limit the effects of an explosion of the fuel rods, should form a council to determine the most beneficial course of action, for the purpose of which an Inter-National Task-force should be assembled and placed on stand-by.
3. That every Man, Woman and Child in every Community on Earth refuses to comply with the social, cultural and political systems that have enslaved Mankind with debt, fear and a myriad of deceptions, whilst enabling the multinational corporations and the governments they control to profit from that which they do not have the right to exploit, resulting in the manufacture, whether knowingly or unknowingly, of an event that has the potential to destroy all organic matter on the face of the Earth.
The future is determined by what we do with every moment. Let this one be the moment that we decide to cease and desist from complying with the orders, directives, regulations, procedures and legislation of those who would derive enormous benefit and satisfaction from our extermination.
If not now, when?